Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Gallery - Light

I saw this weeks prompt for The Gallery that Tara has set over at Sticky Fingers, and went off to look through my photos, to find one took in that perfect light that all photographers long for, whilst I was flicking through photo after photo I was becoming increasingly aware of my obvious lack of skills when it comes to taking that great photo capturing the perfect natural light.

Then I opened up my holiday album, with all the photos taken last year at the end of August when we took a trip to Shell Island in Wales, we had the most amazing week, beautiful sunny weather,


 then on the last day it rained, it rained so hard, went dark and everyone retreated away from the beach in to their tents.


Then the light began to shine through the dark clouds, making everything turn a wonderful bluey grey colour, with a warmth to the air you only get after a good storm, we set off to the beach, I took loads of photos, and this one has become one of my all time favourite photos. I just love the feel of it, the light shinning through the dark clouds.



 Now make sure you pop over to The Gallery to see everyone elses photos.

19 comments:

  1. I am having such a lovely evening looking at all these gorgeous photos - the beach shots are just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling Like I Mean it7 March 2012 at 21:21

    wow, those are stunning, so dramatic the two with the sun shining through the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the last one - of the boxer. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I want to go to the beach now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow and wow again! they are all wonderful holiday photos but the let few are fab - the beach shots i mean. i love the dark and light imagery in each one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great read of a post, with stunning photos! The blue sky at the beginning and then the emerging of light and the dog at the end is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing, couldn't choose my favourite, just beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic photos! I especially love the last two x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful beautiful. Love the dog one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly stunning set of photos. I wouldn't say you're lacking in photo skills at all. To be it looks like you're a natural :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect set of pictures telling a great family story - the colours, the contrast and imagining what fun you had at the beach - I miss the coast, we live about 3 hours from it now (La Rochelle), so as soon as the weather gets warm enough we will be heading down there for a weekend treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, returning your visit from the Gallery! What a fantastic doggy profile, and such memories. We were in Wales at the same time as you.....beaches to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are amazing! I love your boxer's profile shot at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous pictures. Lovely sunny pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful shots of a wonderful part of Wales. My gallery pic was taken only about 15/20 miles away from Shell Island.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning stunning photographs! They are amazing! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pictures are beautiful! I so wish I could take a picture like that x

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...wow, they are really fab photos...talk about capture a special moment! Your dog pic is really top drawer..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...